Camp Owner Q&As
What is Click on Camps?
Click on Camps is an online directory that connects families with community camps across Canada.
Click on Camps uses an intuitive search directory to assist families in locating camp programs that are both open for registration and that best match their children’s age and interests. Community camps can also be searched based on location and date, making it easy for families to quickly access community camps that they can register their children in.
Why join Click on Camps?
Families look to the Internet first for camp options for their children. Click on Camps provides a one-stop search and registration site where families can quickly and easily search, select and register their children for camps throughout the year.
Click on Camps lets you increase exposure of all your programs all year round by enabling you to easily add new or update current programs – ensuring you get the best exposure for the programs that need it the most.
How does Click on Camps market to families?
In talking with families of school age children through both focus groups and one-on-one phone surveys, Click on Camps found that families look to the Internet 80% of the time selecting location and specific activity in the initial search. Families look to friends and families next for referrals. So when we developed the site, activities, age of the child and location of the camp were built into the search directory. To assist families in referring camps to friends and family, there is a ‘forward to a friend’ button on every camp page.
As the Internet is integral to promoting the website, Click on Camps purchases top positions on search directories to ensure the directory is easily found.
The e-camp notices is an email notification system of new or newly posted camp programs that go out to families who have signed up for the email. A subscriber lists their location and emails are sent to them highlighting only camp programs located in their general area. Interested families receive notices throughout the year as local community camp programs become available.
Click on Camps also promotes the site through targeted local advertising in community guides and social media.
What makes Click on Camps different from other camp directories?
By focusing on connecting families with community camps, Click on Camps lets you choose which camp programs to promote and when. And we don’t stop there – Click on Camps allows families to finish registering their children in the camp program of their choice by linking to registration and/or payment options.
Click on Camps is unlike any other camp directory available in Canada:
- the focus is on local community camps. Local community camps are underrepresented on the Internet, as searches don’t necessarily locate the camp programs. In addition, Click on Camps has priced the directory for all types of organizations from non-profit to profit, from small to large establishments.
- camp information always includes camp contact information. Click on Camps believes that all listings should provide contact information with which families can use to contact the camp directly.
- listings feature camp programs open to registration. A search for camps should provide useful results, not more questions. Click on Camps provides a search directory that lists camp programs that are open for registration and have space available for the times that families need them.
Which camp programs are eligible to join Click on Camps?
Of course any camp may subscribe to Click on Camps. And please do – as more camps are listed, families will continue to come back to the directory to check out new programs and to search on different interests.
Any organization that runs a camp program for youth may subscribe to the Click on Camps directory. Camp programs could be as short as part of a day to as long as a couple weeks. They could also run during anytime during the year- March break, summer, winter holidays or PD (professional development) school days.
What administrative features are available?
An annual subscription with Click on Camps entitles the camp to edit their camp listing and program descriptions 24/7. Camp programs may be activated or deactivated at anytime allowing the camp to add new programs or remove programs that have been filled. This gives each camp complete flexibility on which programs to list and when.
What is included in the camp listings?
Click on Camps features:
- Camp name, slogan and image/logo
- 24/7 editing on camp information, description and programs,
- up to 4 additional images/pictures
- Google map of the camp location
- Camp description (200 word max)
- Camp information including camper: counselor ratio, start and end times, etc.
- Contact information including phone, email, website
- Camp checklist of what campers need to bring
- Up to 2 registration forms loaded onto the site
- Up to 3 additional forms, such as health, waiver forms
- Option of link to your own registration and/or payment site
- Program listing details (minimum of 2 )
- Program listings highlighted in targeted e-notices and on front page of website.
What is a camp program listing?
A camp program is any camp event that has a start and end date and that accepts registration for a group of campers. A camp organization may have many camp programs thoroughout the year. For example, a week long soccer camp that runs July 8-12 for ages 8-10.
What is included in the camp program listings?
Click on Camps features program listings that include:
- Program Name
- Brief description (50 words max)
- Camper age range
- Primary interest/activity of camp
- Camp type (e.g. day, overnight, family)
How are camp programs ordered in the search directory?
Camp programs are listed based on their match to the specified camper age, interest, location and camp dates. From the camp programs that match all the criteria, the programs are then listed in alphabetical order.
Can I speak to someone?
At Click on Camps there is a real person available to answer your questions, listen to your comments and assist you in setting up your camp subscription.
Call us at 1-248-838-3790, Monday – Friday 9am -5pm EST, or leave a voice message.
Or email us at email@example.com.
We will return your call or email within one business day.